mythtv

arch general mailing list-2
With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR, are there any remaining
options for DVR software in the official repos?

=-Jameson

Re: mythtv

arch general mailing list-2
Em janeiro 8, 2018 12:53 Jameson via arch-general escreveu:
> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR, are there any remaining
> options for DVR software in the official repos?
>
> =-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

I might be wrong, but I think the only other option is kodi.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

Re: mythtv

arch general mailing list-2
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 05:48 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general  wrote:
Em janeiro 8, 2018 12:53 Jameson via arch-general escreveu:
With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR, are there any remaining
options for DVR software in the official repos?

=-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

I might be wrong, but I think the only other option is kodi.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini
Hi Jameson,

I've never used that functionality, but emby-server supports DVR as well.

Maxime

Re: mythtv

arch general mailing list-2
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 12:45 PM Maxime Gauduin via arch-general <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 05:48 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general
> wrote:
> Em janeiro 8, 2018 12:53 Jameson via arch-general escreveu:
> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR, are there any remaining
> options for DVR software in the official repos?
>
> =-Jameson
>
> Hi Jameson,
>
> I might be wrong, but I think the only other option is kodi.
>
> Regards,
> Giancarlo Razzolini
> Hi Jameson,
>
> I've never used that functionality, but emby-server supports DVR as well.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Maxime

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, both of those options
only act as fronend clients, and still need a DVR backend like
mythtv-backend or tvheadend to connect to.

=-Jameson

Re: mythtv

Mark E. Mallett
On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:53:24PM +0000, Jameson via arch-general wrote:
> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR

I must have missed this, and I don't see any other mention of it on this
list or on arch-announce or /news or pacman logs. Where or how else
should I have been paying attention?

mm

Re: mythtv

arch general mailing list-2
On 01/09/2018 11:48 AM, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:53:24PM +0000, Jameson via arch-general wrote:
>> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR
>
> I must have missed this, and I don't see any other mention of it on this
> list or on arch-announce or /news or pacman logs. Where or how else
> should I have been paying attention?

We don't usually publish news advisories when packages are dropped from
the repos. It is easy to tell, however, by listing installed packages
which are not from the repos: `pacman -Qm`. Some AUR helpers can also
list packages that were installed from the AUR.

If a package that used to be provided by the repos is now listed as a
foreign package by pacman or an AUR package by an AUR helper, then this
indicates the package was dropped. :)

It was also discussed on arch-dev-public (which anyone can subscribe to
for read-only access, or simply look at the public archives) as part of
our end-of-year repository cleanup.

Re: mythtv

Mark E. Mallett
On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 12:06:07PM -0500, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> On 01/09/2018 11:48 AM, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:53:24PM +0000, Jameson via arch-general wrote:
> >> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR
> >
> > I must have missed this, and I don't see any other mention of it on this
> > list or on arch-announce or /news or pacman logs. Where or how else
> > should I have been paying attention?
>
> We don't usually publish news advisories when packages are dropped from
> the repos. It is easy to tell, however, by listing installed packages
> which are not from the repos: `pacman -Qm`. Some AUR helpers can also
> list packages that were installed from the AUR.

Thanks. Yep, I see it now that I've sync'd.
It's not something that I'd periodically check. I'm sure it would have
jumped out at me the next time I did an update via aur helper.
Then again my question was more about getting notice (and info), than about
noticing. ;)

> If a package that used to be provided by the repos is now listed as a
> foreign package by pacman or an AUR package by an AUR helper, then this
> indicates the package was dropped. :)
>
> It was also discussed on arch-dev-public (which anyone can subscribe to
> for read-only access, or simply look at the public archives) as part of
> our end-of-year repository cleanup.

Thanks much,
-mm-