orphaned packages

tur-users mailing list
Hi all. There are two packages that were just recently orphaned,
dvdstyler, and one of its dependencies, wxsvg. I would be willing to
adopt these packages if no one else does, but I'm not a programmer and
would rather not. I'm pretty sure that dvdstyler is the only application
of it's kind for linux, so I'm assuming it's useful to many. Is anyone
willing to adopt these packages? Are there alternatives for dvd menu
creation (gui) that I'm not aware of?

Re: orphaned packages

tur-users mailing list
I don't think you need to be a programmer in order to maintain a package.
Don't adopt it unless you are willing to maintain it. If it's dated, then
flag it or adopt it and update it. As long as an package is out of date,
it's not a problem that it's orphaned really. It just means no one takes
responsibility for it.

I think it's quite common that someone adopts a package only to update it
and then disown it again. Am I wrong?

lör 13 jan. 2018 kl 01:45 skrev Joseph Carta via aur-general <