packages to be deleted

Erich Eckner
Hi all,

the process of deleting old(?) unbuildable packages from our
repositories is not yet automated. And I'd like to run the first few
iterations of it manually to not wipe our repositories ;-) Therefore I
put a list of to-be-deleted packages on
https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/to-delete
Note that the filenames may not match to 100%, because due to laziness I
always put the "epoch" and "sub-pkgrel" in the version information.

If you have any objections on removing those packages, now is the time
to complain.
For further information, there is a list of explicitely black listed
packages here:
https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/blacklist.html

regards,
deep42thought

Re: packages to be deleted

Steve Dupuis
1) The URL https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/to-delete doesn't work.
2) I'm assuming these are all 32-bit packages from the name. If not the
case please let me know.
3) The https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/blacklist.html URL is ok.

Regards,
Steve Dupuis
Ottawa, Canada

On 2018-02-05 03:46 PM, Erich Eckner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the process of deleting old(?) unbuildable packages from our
> repositories is not yet automated. And I'd like to run the first few
> iterations of it manually to not wipe our repositories ;-) Therefore I
> put a list of to-be-deleted packages on
> https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/to-delete
> Note that the filenames may not match to 100%, because due to laziness I
> always put the "epoch" and "sub-pkgrel" in the version information.
>
> If you have any objections on removing those packages, now is the time
> to complain.
> For further information, there is a list of explicitely black listed
> packages here:
> https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/blacklist.html
>
> regards,
> deep42thought

Re: packages to be deleted

Balló György
The base package for python2-nautilus was changed from python2-nautilus to
nautilus-python, therefore it should be kept.

What is the reason to drop calligra and krita packages?

--
György Balló
Arch Linux Trusted User

Re: packages to be deleted

Erich Eckner
Hi,

On 06.02.2018 01:34, Balló György wrote:
> The base package for python2-nautilus was changed from python2-nautilus to
> nautilus-python, therefore it should be kept.

ah, this is exactly, why I want to do this thing manually for now - I'll
have a look what's going on there / how to solve this :-)

> What is the reason to drop calligra and krita packages?
They both depend on vc, which is black listed: '"Unsupported target
architecture 'i686'. No support_???.cpp file exists for this
architecture", complain upstream if you need it'

cheers,
deep42thought

Re: packages to be deleted

Balló György

> > What is the reason to drop calligra and krita packages?
> They both depend on vc, which is black listed: '"Unsupported target
> architecture 'i686'. No support_???.cpp file exists for this
> architecture", complain upstream if you need it'

You can simply remove 'vc' from makedepends and build the packages. It's
optional at build time, required only for vectorization support:
https://github.com/KDE/calligra/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L576
https://github.com/KDE/krita/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L587

--
György Balló
Arch Linux Trusted User

Re: packages to be deleted

Erich Eckner
Hi all,

On 05.02.2018 21:52, Steve Dupuis wrote:
> 1) The URL https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/to-delete doesn't work.

The url works - it is just that it's an unformatted text file (and
possibly served out as "binary"). It may be thus, that your browser does
strange things with it (mine refuses to show it and says he wants do
download it).

If you prefer, there is now also a dynamically generated list at
https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/scripts/to-delete.php
which is also html formatted.

> 2) I'm assuming these are all 32-bit packages from the name. If not the
> case please let me know.

yes, all 32-bit packages - this is for archlinux32 - sry, I forgot to
mention :-)

> 3) The https://buildmaster.archlinux32.org/blacklist.html URL is ok.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Dupuis