php php71 in conflict

Thomas Langen
pacman -Syu tells me that php is in conflict with php71, and that php-gd
with php71-gd. It asks if php and php-gd should be removed, which looked
ok for me to fulfill requirement for nextcloud 12.x.

But removing php would break requirements for phplpadmin.

What is the best way to do now?

Thomas

Re: php php71 in conflict

Gabriel E.
> pacman -Syu tells me that php is in conflict with php71, and that php-gd
> with php71-gd. It asks if php and php-gd should be removed, which looked
> ok for me to fulfill requirement for nextcloud 12.x.
>
> But removing php would break requirements for phplpadmin.
>
> What is the best way to do now?
>
> Thomas

php71 provides php, so you should be fine with removing php

Re: php php71 in conflict

arch general mailing list-2
Op 10 jan. 2018 11:34 schreef "Gabriel Eckertsberger" <[hidden email]>:

pacman -Syu tells me that php is in conflict with php71, and that php-gd
> with php71-gd. It asks if php and php-gd should be removed, which looked
> ok for me to fulfill requirement for nextcloud 12.x.
>
> But removing php would break requirements for phplpadmin.
>
> What is the best way to do now?
>
> Thomas

php71 provides php, so you should be fine with removing php

Actually, this might be a case where 2 packages cannot be used on the same
installation... (assuming all dependancies are listed correct).

A quick glance showed that php == php 7.2, so removing the php package
/may/ break other applications.
Same for the other way around: keeping php and removing php71 may break
nextcloud.

Mvg, Guus Snijders

Re: php php71 in conflict

Thomas Langen
Am 10.01.2018 um 11:59 schrieb Guus Snijders via arch-general:

> Op 10 jan. 2018 11:34 schreef "Gabriel Eckertsberger" <[hidden email]>:
>
> pacman -Syu tells me that php is in conflict with php71, and that php-gd
>> with php71-gd. It asks if php and php-gd should be removed, which looked
>> ok for me to fulfill requirement for nextcloud 12.x.
>>
>> But removing php would break requirements for phplpadmin.
>>
>> What is the best way to do now?
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> php71 provides php, so you should be fine with removing php
>

> Actually, this might be a case where 2 packages cannot be used on the same
> installation... (assuming all dependancies are listed correct).
>
> A quick glance showed that php == php 7.2, so removing the php package
> /may/ break other applications.
> Same for the other way around: keeping php and removing php71 may break
> nextcloud.
>

> Mvg, Guus Snijders

So the best would be still to wait for nextcloud 13.x (which requires
php 7.2)? I need both nextcloud and phpldapadmin (not phplpadmin, that
was a typo).

Thomas

--
Thomas Langen · Walther-Rathenau-Str. 14b · D-03044 Cottbus
Tel. 0355 31889 · Fax: 0355 21822 · E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: php php71 in conflict

On 01/10/2018 05:59 AM, Guus Snijders via arch-general wrote:

> php71 provides php, so you should be fine with removing php
>

> Actually, this might be a case where 2 packages cannot be used on the same
> installation... (assuming all dependancies are listed correct).
>
> A quick glance showed that php == php 7.2, so removing the php package
> /may/ break other applications.
> Same for the other way around: keeping php and removing php71 may break
> nextcloud.
php 7.2 will *definitely* break nextcloud.

php71 *might* break other applications e.g. phpldapadmin, but the
question is, were they working before the php package itself was
upgraded to 7.2? Because the php71 package essentially allows you to
hold back on the upgrade to 7.2 for applications that don't actually
support the latest stable php release. But I think most/all software
should support the latest -1 stable release. :)

Re: php php71 in conflict

Ismael Bouya
I wasn’t aware that php71 was in community, thanks for pointing it out.
However, the php package provides php-ldap, which php71 doesn’t (at
least not explicitly). Shouldn’t it mention that too? Otherwise it
becomes harder to replace php with php71 when we have php webapps that
require php-ldap (probably the case of phpldapadmin too?)

Kind regards,
--
Ismael

Re: php php71 in conflict

arch general mailing list-2
On 01/10/2018 10:12 AM, Ismael Bouya wrote:
> Hello,
> I wasn’t aware that php71 was in community, thanks for pointing it out.
> However, the php package provides php-ldap, which php71 doesn’t (at
> least not explicitly). Shouldn’t it mention that too? Otherwise it
> becomes harder to replace php with php71 when we have php webapps that
> require php-ldap (probably the case of phpldapadmin too?)

That definitely seems like an inconsistency, please open a feature
request against php71 to provide php71-ldap=$pkgver and php-ldap=$pkgver.

Re: php php71 in conflict

Ismael Bouya
(Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:24:47AM -0500) Eli Schwartz via arch-general :

> On 01/10/2018 10:12 AM, Ismael Bouya wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I wasn’t aware that php71 was in community, thanks for pointing it out.
> > However, the php package provides php-ldap, which php71 doesn’t (at
> > least not explicitly). Shouldn’t it mention that too? Otherwise it
> > becomes harder to replace php with php71 when we have php webapps that
> > require php-ldap (probably the case of phpldapadmin too?)
>
> That definitely seems like an inconsistency, please open a feature
> request against php71 to provide php71-ldap=$pkgver and php-ldap=$pkgver.
Done:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57037
--
Ismael