rm in install files

Lukas Jirkovsky
I've just read discusion about using rm -rf / in PKGBUILDs ;-) that is
realy crappy thing. But, I have an question. Is it possible to use
this in *.install?

if [ -e /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py ]; then
        rm /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py
        echo "removing sunflow_export.py script from
/usr/share/blender/scripts directory"
fi

Re: rm in install files

Roman Kyrylych
2007/2/12, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]>:
> I've just read discusion about using rm -rf / in PKGBUILDs ;-) that is
> realy crappy thing. But, I have an question. Is it possible to use
> this in *.install?
>
> if [ -e /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py ]; then
>        rm /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py
>        echo "removing sunflow_export.py script from
> /usr/share/blender/scripts directory"
> fi

Why would you need this?
if /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py was in old version of
package, but not in new - you don't need to rm it.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: rm in install files

Lukas Jirkovsky
For better explaning install file is here:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sunflow/sunflow/sunflow.install
I use it for instaling Sunflow export script for Blender if blender is
installed. When sunflow is removed, i must remove this script too. And
it's done by install file.

On 12/02/07, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2007/2/12, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]>:
> > I've just read discusion about using rm -rf / in PKGBUILDs ;-) that is
> > realy crappy thing. But, I have an question. Is it possible to use
> > this in *.install?
> >
> > if [ -e /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py ]; then
> >        rm /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py
> >        echo "removing sunflow_export.py script from
> > /usr/share/blender/scripts directory"
> > fi
>
> Why would you need this?
> if /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py was in old version of
> package, but not in new - you don't need to rm it.
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: rm in install files

Roman Kyrylych
2007/2/12, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]>:

> On 12/02/07, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2007/2/12, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]>:
> > > I've just read discusion about using rm -rf / in PKGBUILDs ;-) that is
> > > realy crappy thing. But, I have an question. Is it possible to use
> > > this in *.install?
> > >
> > > if [ -e /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py ]; then
> > >        rm /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py
> > >        echo "removing sunflow_export.py script from
> > > /usr/share/blender/scripts directory"
> > > fi
> >
> > Why would you need this?
> > if /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py was in old version of
> > package, but not in new - you don't need to rm it.
>
> For better explaning install file is here:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sunflow/sunflow/sunflow.install
> I use it for instaling Sunflow export script for Blender if blender is
> installed. When sunflow is removed, i must remove this script too. And
> it's done by install file.

Hm, then your solution is fine. At least nothing better comes to my mind.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: rm in install files

Lukas Jirkovsky
Thanks, I'm pleased that it's OK.

On 12/02/07, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2007/2/12, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]>:

> > > Why would you need this?
> > > if /usr/share/blender/scripts/sunflow_export.py was in old version of
> > > package, but not in new - you don't need to rm it.
> >
> > For better explaning install file is here:
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sunflow/sunflow/sunflow.install
> > I use it for instaling Sunflow export script for Blender if blender is
> > installed. When sunflow is removed, i must remove this script too. And
> > it's done by install file.
>
> Hm, then your solution is fine. At least nothing better comes to my mind.
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: rm in install files

Bjørn Lindeijer
Hi Lukáš,

Is there a reason to keep the file
/usr/share/sunflow/sunflow_export.py around? Otherwise you could just
move this file in the Blender scripts directory in the PKGBUILD file.
I think in any case the copy wouldn't hurt even if Blender wasn't
installed.

Your current approach also wouldn't actually work when Sunflow was
installed before Blender, right?

Regards,
Bjørn

On 2/12/07, Lukáš Jirkovský <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, I'm pleased that it's OK.
>
> On 12/02/07, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > For better explaning install file is here:
> > > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sunflow/sunflow/sunflow.install
> > > I use it for instaling Sunflow export script for Blender if blender is
> > > installed. When sunflow is removed, i must remove this script too. And
> > > it's done by install file.
> >
> > Hm, then your solution is fine. At least nothing better comes to my mind.
> >
> > --
> > Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: rm in install files

Travis Willard
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:07:18 +0100
"Bjørn Lindeijer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lukáš,
>
> Is there a reason to keep the file
> /usr/share/sunflow/sunflow_export.py around? Otherwise you could just
> move this file in the Blender scripts directory in the PKGBUILD file.
> I think in any case the copy wouldn't hurt even if Blender wasn't
> installed.
>
> Your current approach also wouldn't actually work when Sunflow was
> installed before Blender, right?
I agree - IMO the best way to do this here is to put that file in the
proper place inside the PKGBUILD.  Even if Blender isn't installed,
this won't hurt anything, and it's cleaner than the method you're
using, because then pacman knows about the file and knows which package
owns it.

--
Travis

Re: rm in install files

Lukas Jirkovsky
OK. I will move it into PKGBUILD when I will have any free time. I
hope it could be tomorrow.
Thanks for suggestions.