sysdig downgraded without adding a new era?

sysdig downgraded without adding a new era?

arch general mailing list-2
Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
community (0.15.0-2)" ?

Re: sysdig downgraded without adding a new era?

Ralf Mardorf-4
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 02:06:59 +0200, Neven Sajko via arch-general wrote:
>Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
>community (0.15.0-2)" ?

Hi,

downgrades happen from time to time.

From official repositories I manually downgraded

[2017-04-25 01:22] [ALPM] downgraded openimageio (1.7.13-1 -> 1.7.10-2)

today.

But I'm pissed off by this automatic downgrade

[2017-04-25 02:09] [ALPM] downgraded pulseaudio (2013.08.18-1 -> 10.0-3)

from an empty dummy package to the version from official repositories.

Just because the pulseaudio-bluetooth package has got the version
included to the dependency and I missed it within 260 upgrades.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -U /var/cache/aur/current/pulseaudio-2013.08.18-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: pulseaudio-bluetooth: installing pulseaudio (2013.08.18-1) breaks dependency 'pulseaudio=10.0-3'

Fortunately I can safely remove this odd package, I don't ned anything
of this dependency chain. To avoid such an issue in the future, I'll
add all dummy packages (just pulseaudio and gvfs) to the ignore list.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pactree -r pulseaudio-bluetooth
pulseaudio-bluetooth
└─gnome-bluetooth
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pactree -r gnome-bluetooth
gnome-bluetooth
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs {pulseaudio,gnome}-bluetooth
[snip]
Packages (3) bluez-5.44-1  gnome-bluetooth-3.20.1+1+ge902d1a-1  pulseaudio-bluetooth-10.0-3

Regards,
Ralf

On 04/24/2017 08:06 PM, Neven Sajko via arch-general wrote:
> Anybody else got a "warning: sysdig: local (0.15.1-1) is newer than
> community (0.15.0-2)" ?

File a bugreport, the version in staging/testing (which was part of the
openssl 1.1 rebuild) was older than the new version which was pushed to
community... but not rebuilt for openssl 1.1 in testing at the same time.

This occasionally happens by accident during large rebuilds, as soon as
the maintainer becomes aware he will certainly push 0.15.1-2 to fix it. :)

On 04/24/2017 08:41 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> downgrades happen from time to time.

When they do, it is a bug. Why on earth do you think epoch exists anyway?

Note: custom packages are tangential to this thread, please vent elsewhere.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:03:36 -0400, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>On 04/24/2017 08:41 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> downgrades happen from time to time.
>
>When they do, it is a bug. Why on earth do you think epoch exists
>anyway?

They might happen unintended, but all downgrades from official
repositories I experienced worked.

However, I didn't report a bug, openimageio 1.7.13-2 is already in
community.
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/openimageio/

>please vent elsewhere

:D

Have you ever considered to make use of professional psychological help?
Nearly each of your replies, whomsoever you answer, has got a
condescending tone. It's funny for the reader, if you make a fool of
yourself, but I suspect being that instable must be a pain for you.

Re: sysdig downgraded without adding a new era?

arch general mailing list-2
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Have you ever considered to make use of professional psychological help?
> Nearly each of your replies, whomsoever you answer, has got a
> condescending tone. It's funny for the reader, if you make a fool of
> yourself, but I suspect being that instable must be a pain for you.

That is out of line, not just for this mailing list but for any public
civil discussion. Especially from yourself, as from certain perspectives
the paragraph above may apply to you as well, to a degree.

Take it to private mails if you need to.